Sunday, February 8, 2009

Crib bedding enhancements




When I was pregnant with Addison I had in my mind exactly what I wanted for her nursery. But two things were holding me back - one was money (boutique crib bedding that I liked was around $500-$1000)and the other was actually finding what I wanted. I found a pre-made crib bedding set in plain black and white toile with black and white gingham on eBay for $100. The idea that I had in my head was to enhance the bedding with minky dot pink chenille. My husband Kenneth suggested that I call his Aunt as she loved to sew. So I did and she agreed to "make it pretty" for me. :) She and Karen collaborated and presented it to us at our family shower - they even made matching pillows, some backed in minky dot and others with a beautiful swiss dot fabric. I absolutely love it and Addison's room is exactly how I envisioned it and I spent hundreds less much to the delight of my husband. Here is a picture of Addison (a few months old) in her beautiful crib bedding and accent pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment